AS/EN 9100 is the quality management system (QMS) standard specific to the aerospace industry. It is a supplement to the ISO 9001:2008 QMS standard – adding requirements that apply to the aerospace industry.
AS/EN 9100 registration is essential for aerospace supply chains. It is designed to meet the complex and unique demands of the aerospace industry. This certification gives customers the assurance of knowing a supplier has passed evaluations of its manufacturing process and has the capabilities to meet the industry’s high expectation.
The benefits of achieving AS/EN 9100 certification extend beyond manufacturing process the company follows. Some added value includes:
- A publicly demonstrated commitment to providing the highest level of quality in manufacturing and business practices.
- It improves consideration for company as a supplier to the aerospace industry since AS/EN 9100 is the globally accepted standard.
- It can have an umbrella effect – resulting in improved chances of gaining new business from other industries.
- Reduces waste, inefficiencies and reject rates within the organization.
- Facilitates ongoing improvement in business processes and ultimately, customer satisfaction.
- Improves process consistency and stability.
- Internal validation.
BI Technologies is a global manufacturer and marketer of passive, magnetics and microcircuit modules. IMS business unit has gone thru the process of AS/EN9100 audit by DQS, and has successfully certified to this prestige standard. DQS being number 1 market leader in aerospace certification in Malaysia would like to congratulate the team for their achievement, and wishing them continuous success in their business. Syabas!
Mr. Danny Ng (L) DQS Regional MD presenting the prestige AS/EN9100 certificate to En. Jamal (R) top management of BI Technologies.
A group photo session with IMS team