The Automotive Industry Action Group recently announced the availability of the new ISO technical specification for the automotive supply chain. Developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF), the ISO/TS 16949:2009 standard, in conjunction with ISO 9001:2008, defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production, and when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products. It’s applicable to sites where customer-specified parts for production and service are manufactured.
The IATF was established to develop a harmonized standard and reciprocal recognition for fundamental quality system requirements in the automotive supply chain. ISO/TS 16949 certification offers following benefits:
• Improved on time delivery
• Improve product & process quality
• Emphasis on supplier quality improvement effort
• Reduce waste within supply chain
• Reduction in second party audit
• Common language to improve understanding of quality requirements
• Reduction of variation and increased efficiency
• Reduction in multiple third-party registrations
Foamline Industries Sdn Bhd (FISB) & Hardyflex Industries Sdn. Bhd (HISB) were established in year 1987 and 1988 respectively as subsidiary companies of Armstrong Industrial Corporation Ltd. Group in Singapore. Serving more than three hundred customers in various industries such as Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Office Automation, Information Technology and Industrial Engineering. FISB and HISB, the leading precision engineering specialists in Malaysia in high performance:
– Precison Die – cut foam, sponge, felt, and film products.
– Rubber moulded products.
– Coated adhesive and laminated products
– Contract manufacturing services (assembly of products)
HISB recently has gone thru the upgrading process of their automotive standard and acknowledge being first company in Malaysia successfully attain ISO/TS16949:2009 certificate.
photo session of management team of FISB & HISB with Managing Director of DQS Malaysia Mr. Danny NG (Left 4) after certificate presentation.